The Middlesex 3 TMA has been created as an affiliated organization of the Middlesex 3 Coalition. The Coalition is a 501 (c) (6) Massachusetts non-profit corporation with community and business partners who share common goals of fostering economic development, job growth and retention, diversification of the tax base and enhancement of quality of life in the region. The TMA region includes the participating communities of Bedford, Billerica, Burlington, Chelmsford, Lowell, Tewksbury, Tyngsborough, and Westford Massachusetts. The TMA has formed for the purposes of:
- Creating a community consciousness regarding transportation and the need to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality;
- Providing leadership in combining area resources to maximize mobility within and access to the communities;
- Coordinating a network of transportation resources to effectively move people;
- Offering direct services to business partners that encourage employees to choose not to drive alone to work;
- Enhancing the area’s economic vitality while minimizing the impact of development; and;
- Making the most efficient use of nearby public transportation services.
The TMA addresses a variety of needs including: traditional commuting from the suburbs into the Boston/Cambridge area, reverse commuting--from Boston/Cambridge to the Middlesex 3 area, and non-commuting trips between communities. For more information about the Middlesex 3 TMA please click here.
Funding for the TMA comes from its members and other sources.
The Middlesex 3 TMA is managed by TransAction Associates:
Founded in 1990, TransAction Associates provides consulting services to companies across the United States. We are a nationally certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE). Our mission is to deliver a standard of excellence to every project that conveys our core values of dedication, honesty and integrity. Using unique and innovative strategies, we build strong relationships with our clients and work collaboratively with them to achieve the best results.
The quality of our work and dedication of our staff have been the basis of our excellent reputation. We provide the latest skills and technology in surveying, data analysis, web-based Ride Matching
and Emergency Ride Home programs, as well as expertise in Transportation Demand Management, marketing, shuttle services and transit planning.